Your Childs Homework
Children are usually given homework on a weekly basis. This could be anything from a list of spellings to some maths questions to practise. If you are unsure about what your child needs to complete, please ask your child's teacher.
If you would like to help your child with any extra challenges at home, why not try some of these ideas:
Children can always read a few extra pages of their reading books or library books:
- Why not ask them a few questions to check their understanding of what they have read?
- They could also write a book review to tell others what they think of the book.
- Ask them to design a new cover for their book based on what they have read so far.
Ask your child a few extra mental maths questions to review their numeracy skills:
- Can they calculate the change from your last shopping bill?
- Can they work out how long TV programs last by looking at the TV guide?
- How long does it take them to recite / write down their times tables?
There are links to lots of educational sites in the pupils' area of this site as well as useful links offering ways you can help your child. Why not explore some of them together with your child?
Remember that our children work incredibly hard at school, so they deserve some free time to relax too!