At Ivegill we truly value the thoughts and opinions of all of the children and there are a number of ways in which children can contribute to make our school the best it can be. These include:
- Buddies - Year 6 are ‘buddied’ with a Reception child for the start of the Autumn Term. They act as a friend and role model for the Reception child. They sit each other at lunchtime and the Year 6 supports their Reception Buddy during breaktimes when needed.
- Worship Committee - The Worship Committee is made up of a group of Y5/6 pupils who help to plan assemblies and worship. They are also responsible for looking after our school prayer tree. During this term we will be helping to plan, prepare and lead our Community Celebrations. As well as this, we are thinking about how Collective Worship is led and how we can help our whole school to develop Collective Worship within class bubbles.
- School Dinners Group - The SDG meet with Mrs Forster and Mrs Armstrong, the school cooks, to review the menus and make suggestions to ensure that the school lunch team know the children’s views. With the school working in bubbles the SDG are learning to meet virtually.
- Librarians - The library is recently refurbished and is well stocked. It provides reading and reference material for all ages. Librarians are Y5 and Y6 pupils who are elected as the school librarians to help to manage the library with the support of Mrs Johnson. There are four librarians who share the task of keeping the library tidy, scanning loan books and displaying recommended books.
- Sports Leaders - A small number of children in Yr5/6 attend cluster based coaching sessions to become a Sports Leader. They play games with the younger children and help them to learn playground games.